It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
BSFOR and TN MTN Junkies toys for tots toy run 

Post BSFOR and TN MTN Junkies toys for tots toy run
November 17 at windrock! come support a great cause!

Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:51 pm

Post Re: BSFOR and TN MTN Junkies toys for tots toy run
Is this an "OFFICIAL" US Marine Corp 'Toys for Tots' sponsored event???

Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:17 pm

Idk... Will call brice an find out though

Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:09 pm

Gents. I run the toys for tots program in Knoxville and surrounding counties. This is not officially sponsored. However I can arrange some support if you would like. November 17 is our Marine Corps Ball. Which we hold near and dear to our hearts. I would not commit Marines to go out in town this day but will help with any other support you need.
The unit point of contact is Sergeant meaghan larkins best number to reach her is 865-755-2925. I can make liaison POC below or drop my name. Captain Hunt if you make direct coordination

Charlie Hunt
Work cell: 443-844-4353

Will pass personal cell if needed

2008 Jk unlimited
4" lift. 35" m/t
4.88 gears. Detroit truetrack

Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:55 am

Thank You Capt. Hunt!! I didn't intend for that to sound like the U.S. Marine Corp was sponsoring this event, mainly that ALL toys collected are going directly to the "official" US Marine Corp Toys For Tots program. And not to some other organization using the "toys for tots" name. (I have seen that done before)
You're having your Marine Corp Ball on the 17th???? Why not on the 10th??? I'll be celebrating on the 10th!!!
Is there anything specific (or non-) that our Clubs can do to be a bigger help??!!
What about aquiring a few of the official "Toys for Tots' drop-off boxes?? Should I just get with Sgt. Larkins??

Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:47 pm

If it was part of the Official Marine Corps Toys for Tots, would it not require some kind of Liability Insurance. I only ask this because I was a member of the Royal Blue Rangers ATV Club and that was an issue when they tried to get tied in with the Official Toys for Tots.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:36 pm

This is Wes Ogle, I attempt to do the event coordinating and scheduling with Coal Creek for TN MTN JUNKIES ORC. This event has been tentatively scheduled for Nov. 17. It is Not an sanctioned Marine Corp event. I believe "Toys for Tots" is a term most folks use to describe this type of event because of its popularity.

A little history....This is BSFOR' s event, they done it annually at Brimstone but Brimstone OHV Area no longer wants jeeps, trucks, or buggies in their park. So BSFOR came to us for help to promote/ plan/ execute this event in this area.

We are still working out the details with Coal Creek, so there will be more details to come about this event after our club meeting Oct. 9. Such as, the official name of the event and charities of choice.

Thanks,
Wes

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:22 am

OK, that sheds some light on the topic. We're still interested in helping. Keep us posted.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:47 pm

Quote:
A little history....This is BSFOR' s event, they done it annually at Brimstone but Brimstone OHV Area no longer wants jeeps, trucks, or buggies in their park. So BSFOR came to us for help to promote/ plan/ execute this event in this area.

BigWes, Is this for real? I mean, has Brimstone banned the larger vehicles from their trail system? Sorry for this being off topic.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:16 pm

ChuckT wrote:
Quote:

BigWes, Is this for real? I mean, has Brimstone banned the larger vehicles from their trail system? Sorry for this being off topic.

More than likely true

Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next